Interested in Volunteering?
Maroondah City Council would like to provide the opportunity for students to become a part of our biggest community celebration and work as a volunteer in a fun and rewarding environment.
We are inviting event management students to participate in this Ambassador Program to gain skills in customer service, working on festivals and events, promotion and publicity and it will also give students the chance to work closely with the local community.
The preferred skills for a Maroondah Festival Ambassador are
to have a friendly and approachable manner:
- be well presented
- able to attend a training session
- able to attend shifts nominated for the festival in a timely manner
- capacity to work as part of a team
- the ability to take directions from Council and event staff
- adhere to Council’s Occupational Health and Safety practices
- be prepared to provide assistance to festival visitors in a caring and supportive manner
- and happy to work outdoors in a festival environment.
Some of the roles of a Maroondah Festival Ambassador include duties such as:
welcoming festival visitors at key entry points
- being walking/talking ‘you are here’ contact points (points of information about the activities and amenities of the festival)
- providing assistance to festival visitors who may need assistance around the site and participating in activities
- assisting and encouraging responsible waste management
- conducting surveys/evaluations at the festival
- and assisting with interactive activities
To be eligible to undertake the Maroondah Festival Ambassador role students must be over the age of 18 and to agree to a Police Check (costs covered by Council). Students must also provide relevant personal information to Council such as address, phone number and emergency contact details, provide two referee contacts, and are willing to participate as a voluntary Ambassador for the Maroondah Festival, from 10am - 4pm on Sunday 12 November 2017.
If you are interested in been a part of the Ambassador Program please fill out the attached application form below.
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday, 12 September 2017.